Innovation Studios Intern - (available 20-40 hours per week - upaid)
The museum is providing an opportunity for creative individuals to assist the museum’s Innovation Studios and Programs team. This position is designed as a non-paid internship experience and will provide interns the opportunity to develop important work skills and gain practical experience while working on significant projects to further the Museum’s mission. The internship can be tailored to fit the interests and curricular needs of each student. Projects may include: direct service to guests in Maker Studio and Innovation Studios; assist in program development and delivery around Innovation Studios topics, opportunities to create interactive experiences with Museum’s collection, and evening and weekend programming for museum audiences. Interns will be held to the same expectations and standards as museum employees.
Basic Function and Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
• Learn hands-on STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art & Design, and Math) and Maker activities and share them in exciting and creative ways with diverse audiences
• Proactively seek out guests and initiate conversations to provide exceptional guest experience
• Assist in development and delivery with hands-on programs with supervision and support from Studio team
• Participate in both team meetings and trainings/professional developments
• Show professionalism and uphold the museums mission to guests
• Be a fun, creative, and active member of the Innovation Studios Team and contribute positively to its team culture
• Working toward or have completed a BA/BS or Masters level degree (Museum Studies and education preferred)
• Strong interest in creativity, DIY art, education, science, history, museum studies and making things
• Be able to create a welcoming environment for museum visitors and actively engaging them in hands-on activities
• Experience working with the public in formal or informal educational settings is highly desirable
• Compliance with all FWMSH employment policies required, including a background check.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to be active for extended periods of time, as well as frequent bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and lifting. Candidates must also possess the ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE FORT WORTH MUSUEM OF SCIENCE AND HISTORY!