Innovation Studios - Teen Technology Assistant, part time
Teen Technology Assistants is a paid job position for high school students designed to nurture young leaders in our community and provide support for museum programs that relate to learning in a technological age. Selected students will work in the Innovation Studios assisting staff in creating and implementing engaging, hands-on experiences for museum visitors. Reports to the Innovation Studios Manager.
Basic Functions and Requirements:
• Attend the seasonal trainings with Teen Technology Interns and serve as mentors to that program
• Assist the Innovations department team members, Studion Manager and Technicians as needed
• Work with the Innovation Studios Manager to develop engaging and exciting new programs catered to the skill sets of the Teen Technology Assistants
• Commit to learning new technologies on an ongoing basis to expand areas of expertise
• Build communication and education skills through on-the-job training with Innovation Studios Team Members
Basic Requirements and Qualifications:
• Ideal candidates will be skilled in multiple areas of expertise related to technology, preferably both “high-tech” (computer programming, circuitry, robotics, etc.) and “low-tech” (working with tools, creative crafting, wood working, etc.).
• It is preferred but not required to possess a strong background in digital technologies such as computer programming, animatronics, microcontrollers, etc.
• Ability to demonstrate cheerful willingness and ability to learn new things.
• Ability to communicate and demonstrate technical concepts effectively to guests of all ages and to create a welcoming environment for museum visitors by actively engaging them in hands-on activities
Other Notes & Requirements:
• Time commitment:
o Typically 10 hours a month during the school year with the potential for up to 10-15 hours a week in the summer
• Maintain good standing in grades 10-12 for the current school year
o (Students who graduate while in the Teen Technology Assistant position are allowed to apply to become a Studio Team Member.)
• Completion of at least one cohort within the Teen Technology Internship program
• A parent or legal guardian must sign required releases.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST IN THE FORT WORTH MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND HISTORY!