Director of Interactive and Video Production, Full-time Exempt
Job Description Summary:
The Fort Worth Museum of Science and History is seeking a Director of Interactive and Video Production to assist in the production and development of guest interactive experiences and videos for museum use and The Noble Planetarium. The best candidate will be able to produce planetarium shows while also working with IT to support its hardware. This individual will report to the Chief Technology Officer but will also collaborate with museum leadership as well as the museum’s interpretation and education teams in the creation of new educational experiences. Creation of educational and technology-oriented experiences will span exhibition, gallery and studio spaces as well as virtual and on-line environments. The ideal candidate for this position will possess a good understanding of technology, astronomy and digital learning experiences that resonate with museum guests for now and years to come.
Basic Function and Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Production of the following:
- Planetarium shows.
- Interactive elements for exhibits.
- Interactives for the website.
- Videos for museum use.
- Videos for public, staff, and training with recent science and history research
- Prototype VR/AR experiences for museum, including connections to dome and community outreach.
- Work with IT to support planetarium and related advanced display hardware.
- Work with Planetarium Manager to train planetarium presenters.
- Work with innovation interpretation and educational teams to showcase produced videos and interactive into guest experiences.
- Assist Planetarium Manager in mobile planetarium activities.
- Present live shows to VIP guests and media as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
- Master’s degree (preferred), or Bachelor’s degree with equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Two to three years of experience supporting planetarium or similar technical systems.
- Two to three years of experience in video or interactive production.
- Background or degree in astronomy, Earth sciences or similar field.